Interested in a fulfilling career at Mater Dei?
Click on a tile below to see any current vacancies related to each Mater Dei program or offering.
Please note: some tiles will open a separate website.
Continue to scroll to view open positions that sit across Mater Dei at a broader, organisational level.
On this page (scroll down):
Risk, Policy and Compliance Coordinator
Risk, Policy and Compliance Coordinator
- a passionate, hands on professional with an ability to proactively shape our organisational approach to Risk and Compliance?
- a mover and shaker who can guide and influence stakeholders?
- A wordsmith who loves a good policy and maintaining its currency?
About the Role
Mater Dei has a newly created full time permanent opportunity for an experienced, detail-oriented professional to coordinate and embed a risk management framework which minimises risk and drives continuous improvement in compliance management across our organisation.
In this strategic role you will proactively partner with the CEO/Principal and Leadership Team comprised of six (6) Program Managers and provide high level advice and support to enable us to satisfy our legislative and operational risk, policy, compliance and assurance obligations while overseeing the implementation of various controls, reporting structures and business continuity planning.
This will be achieved through implementing comprehensive processes that identify, manage and report on risk, coordinating policy processes that ensure currency and compliance with relevant regulatory authorities, and ensuring accurate and efficient administrative workflows.
This role is required to work 48 weeks per year and attracts 4 weeks annual leave per annum.
Mater Dei is a multi-faceted organisation based in Camden, NSW. We work with babies, children, young people and adults with an intellectual disability, in conjunction with their families and carers to provide innovative and contemporary education and therapy services.
Our organisation is made up of the following Programs (each with its own regulatory authority):
- Mater Dei School, our coeducational setting for Kindergarten to Year 12 students and proud member of the community of 10 schools across Australia comprising Good Samaritan Education.
- Mater Dei Early Childhood Education, which provides individualised early education programs for children from birth to 6 years of age as well as playgroups and a preschool.
- NextPath Continuous Learning, our post-secondary school program which empowers Young adults to set self-determined goals in relation to educational, work and life skills and provides service via NDIS funding.
- NextPath Assessment and Therapy which provides allied health services to all ages and to school students in a range of disciplines including Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Physiotherapy.
Mater Dei is a faith based organisation in the Good Samaritan, Benedictine tradition which values stewardship, mutuality, hospitality, humility, discernment, justice and peace.
Mater Dei also operates a Foundation with fundraising and donor relationship responsibilities and is a registered charity.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or commensurate experience in risk management and compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management principles, tools, methods and practices
- At least 3 years risk management and/or compliance experience in a similar role, ideally with experience on risk and governance sub committees and/or reporting for the Board
- Superior interpersonal, influencing and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative and enabling leadership style
- Superb attention to detail
- An ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Belief in accountability, integrity and strong sense of personal ethics
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret legislation (including a willingness to track changes with our various compliance bodies in Early Education, Education, the Disability Sector and as a Registered Charity)
- Strong analytical, data analysis and policy/report writing skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Commitment, willingness and capacity to work in accordance with the Benedictine values of Mutuality, Hospitality, Compassion and Stewardship
- Current Working with Children Check
- Understanding of risk management processes in Education, Early Childhood Education and/or the Disability Services Sector
- Demonstrated experience with online compliance systems
- Professional Risk Management Membership
- Green-field role with the opportunity to make it your own
- Salary of $100,000 circa (dependent on skills and experience) + super
- Ability to salary package $15,900 pa
- Idyllic rural setting
A detailed role description and employment application form can be obtained here.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter addressing the selection criteria and completed application for employment form to Karen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Karen Williams, HR Manager on (02) 4654 8714
Applications close: 5:00 pm Monday 28 September 2020