Vacancies at Mater Dei School
On this page:
Teachers’ Assistants – Full time & Part time
(Multiple Permanent and Temporary Positions available)
Are you a passionate Teachers’ Assistant who enjoys working collaboratively and wants to be part of a caring, dynamic and innovative community?
About the Roles
Mater Dei has a number of permanent and temporary full time and part time opportunities for experienced, enthusiastic, creative, responsible and hardworking Teachers’ Assistants to support our outstanding team of Learning and Support staff in delivering innovative and contemporary education for our students commencing in Term 1 2021.
Mater Dei is a multi-faceted organisation consisting of a coeducational setting for Kindergarten to Year 12 students with Intellectual Disability, a separate post-school program of self-determination and goal facilitation for young adults, allied health services, and an early childhood education program.
Mater Dei School is a proud member of the community of ten schools across Australia comprising Good Samaritan Education (GSE). Established in 2011 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan, the mission of Good Samaritan Education is to sustain and nurture our Catholic schools as Good Samaritan Benedictine communities of learning.
As a member of GSE, Mater Dei School continues to be guided by the Good Samaritan Philosophy of Education and shaped by its commitment to the values of our spiritual tradition, including stewardship, mutuality, hospitality, humility, discernment, justice and peace.
Successful applicants will:
- have previous experience as a Teachers’ Assistant within a school setting and a demonstrated ability to support students with disabilities and complex support needs
- be able to support Teachers to implement differentiated learning and assessment experiences that cater for the diverse needs of students
- have well developed IT and computer skills to support contemporary and innovative student learning practices, as well as utilise the school’s education management system
- be personable and dynamic with a flair for effective communication at all levels
- be committed to working both collaboratively and autonomously and as part of a team
- have a demonstrated commitment to the Catholic ethos and a genuine commitment to the Good Samaritan charism, exemplifying the qualities of Mutuality, Hospitality, Compassion, Love and Stewardship
- be sensitive to the differing needs of families including privacy, confidentiality and cultural diversity
- possess a current First Aid and CPR qualification or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
- possess a current NSW Drivers Licence current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
- Certificate III or IV in Education Support (or relevant qualifications at a Teacher’s Aide level, ideally with a focus on Diverse learning)
- Current LR Licence
What we can offer you
- Salary and conditions in accordance with NSW Catholic Independent Schools (Support Staff – Model A) MEA 2017
- Small class sizes
- Idyllic rural setting
A detailed role description and employment application form can be obtained here
Please see the top of this page for the employment application form.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter addressing the selection criteria and completed employment application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Karen Williams, HR Manager on (02) 4654 8714
Applications close: 4:00pm Friday 11 September 2020
Mater Dei is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe, feel safe and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant child related employment screening.
The development of new programs and increased enrolments have resulted in casual teaching vacancies becoming available for enthusiastic and energetic educators. Teachers wishing to apply for this position should:
have a current WWC and NESA registration
have knowledge of the Catholic Faith and be willing to teach the School's Religion Education Program
be excited by innovation and educational change
have experience and/or qualifications in, or an understanding of, Special Education
be a team player who is flexible and adaptable with a good sense of humour
have strong skills in the teaching of Literacy and Numeracy
to able to teach across all KLAs
be committed to life-long learning
A completed Employment Application Form that highlights your suitability to the position and addresses the selection criteria, along with your current resume and passport-sized photo, should be addressed to:
PO Box 3090
Narellan NSW 2567
or by email at email@example.com