The following links may be of interest to you:
Sisters of the Good Samaritan - The Congregation of the Sisters of the Good Samaritan of the Order of Saint Benedict is the first Australian 'home grown' congregation of Catholic religious women. Archbishop John Bede Polding, an English Benedictine monk and Australia's first bishop, founded the congregation in Sydney in 1857.Known affectionately as the Good Sams, the congregation and the wider Good Sam family continue to draw inspiration from two key sources:
- the rich wisdom of Benedictine spirituality
- the much-loved parable of the Good Samaritan
To read the e-magazine of the Good Samaritan Sisters called "The Good Oil", please click here.
Strengthening Families Resourcing Parents is a non-profit organisation aiming to:
- Provide a comprehensive list of parenting education events occuring in Greater Sydney through the Events Calendar
- Provide information to professionals working with parents on training and professional support through the Professinals Calender
- To encourage and assist not-for-profit agencies (for example pre-schools, early intervention services, health, non-government agencies, councils, schools) to deliver parenting information, support and education initiatives to families in their community who have children aged 0-8 years.
This site is funded by Families NSW. Families NSW is the NSW Government's over-arching strategy to enhance the health and well-being of children aged 0-8
Macarthur Workplace Learning Program or MWLP is an independent not-for-profit community organization servicing the Macarthur area of South-West Sydney NSW, which comprises the Campbelltown, Camden and Wollondilly Local Government Areas. We are funded as School Business Community Partnership Brokers by the Australian Government's Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and as a Structured Workplace Learning provider by the NSW Government's Board of Vocational Education and Training (BVET). Our work focuses on improving education and transition outcomes for all young people.
News, Information and Resources for the Community Sector - has a news section devoted to disability information/news from government departments. To go straight to the Disability News page, click here.