Mater Dei’s programs aim to:
* provide a comprehensive, holistic and individual education for each student
* ensure a safe, non-threatening yet challenging teaching and learning environment for each student
* promote spiritual, personal, social, physical, emotional, academic and vocational development through all school programs
* enable each student to maximise his/her achievements
* encourage each student to take responsibility for his/her own behaviour and to accept the consequences of his/her behaviour
* help each student develop positive self-esteem
* encourage each student to appreciate the worth, equity and needs of others
* develop and maintain a partnership between home and school
* constantly assess and evaluate each student’s development, progression and needs
* work with mainstream schools, the wider community and local employers to create experiences and opportunities for each student
* prepare each student for effective transition through all stages of education
* extend each staff member’s professional expertise through ongoing training and professional development to ensure best practice as we educate students at Mater Dei.
As a Catholic and Good Samaritan School in the Benedictine tradition, Mater Dei respects the dignity of each person and the unique contribution they make to our school community. We are committed to providing a holistic and inclusive education for students that builds in them a capacity to become fully participating members of the community, and that dignifies their giftedness. We strive to work with parents and guardians to empower students to live independent lives that enrich the communities in which they live.
Mater Dei embraces the values espoused in the Good Samaritan Education Teaching and Learning Framework and the Good Samaritan Education Mission Framework: