Assistant Goal Facilitator - Casual
Casual Position in Canberra ACT
As a ministry of Good Samaritan Education, NextPath is a service for young adults with a mild to moderate intellectual disability. At NextPath we work collaboratively with young adults and their supporters to achieve their pre-determined goals by teaching them new skills and assisting them at work places or other places in the community.
In response to the growth of this service exciting opportunities now exist for a casual Assistant Goal Facilitator located in Canberra ACT to join our dynamic team.
• A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Sound verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to ask for guidance and follow the same
• A sound understanding of your legislative obligations to ensure that people with a disability are not treated less favourably than a person without a disability, in the same or similar circumstances.
• High standards of ethical and professional behaviour
Your application should include a covering letter that demonstrates how you meet the above selection criteria. You may like to use the following headings as a guide.
- Describe your experiences of working in a team
- Describe how you use professional verbal and written communication
- Discuss a time that you asked for assistance at work
- Provide your thoughts about people with a disability being entitled to the same experiences as other people
- Describe how a previous employer would describe your behaviour in both your personal and professional life
• Own car and current driver's licence – essential (green provisional licence as a minimum)
• Capacity to work outside normal hours if required
• A Police Check will be required for successful applicant
• A Working with Children Check will be required for successful applicant
For enquiries and information, please contact
Phone 0427 271 285
Director of Continuous Learning
via Post: PO Box 3090 Narellan NSW 2567
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON FRIDAY 14 JUNE 2019
Mater Dei is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe, feel safe and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant child related employment screening.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
As a school and ministry of Good Samaritan Education, Mater Dei is incorporated and governed by a Board of Directors which is accountable through the Company Members to Good Samaritan Education.